We’re Hiring: Trade Marketing & Activation Manager
Are you a masterful marketeer who wants to eradicate smoking for good? This position might be just what you are looking for.
In June 2018, we will make history by launching a category defining vaping device in the UK following four years of intensive development. AYR is a vaping solution like no other. AYR mimics the ritual of smoking while dispensing with the harmful aspects that come from burning tobacco and our aim is simple; we want to move as many people away from smoking cigarettes as possible. We believe that AYR is the first vaping device that people will want to be seen with. Put simply, AYR looks amazing. But AYR is so much more than a beautiful object; AYR connects with your smartphone and gives the user full control over their vaping experience. AYR measures intake and even enables users to quit nicotine altogether through our own range of flavour formulations. In short, AYR is very special and our product team is working hard to polish and perfect AYR ahead of launch.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a career driven individual to join a category-defining premium vape company. Headquartered in Central London (with offices in Moscow), this rapidly growing organisation is seeking a dynamic Trade Marketing & Activation manager to join its launch team. The successful candidate will play a very active role in laying the foundations for this exciting business.
Focusing initially on London’s luxury markets within on-trade / high end vape stores / influencer outlets and high street stores, the Trade Marketing & Activation Manager will work very closely with the Sales Director, the UK Sales team and the Business & Brand Development team.
- Owning activation plan for all channels
- Developing plans, executing projects and initiatives that support the broader short and long-term marketing strategy
- Taking the lead in managing vendor partners and communications agencies in all aspects of their projects
- Defining and delivering what it takes to win with key channel partners
- Translating brand strategy into actionable channel plans which deliver the commercial objectives of the company via joint working with key customers
- Development of the company’s retail and activation implementation capability incl. the management. of 3rd party agencies
- Providing expertise in Brand Activation at the POP and acting as an advisor for brand communication at different shopper touch-points
- Monitoring trade investment to ensure delivery of the targets for the year.
- Being a Shopper and Channel expert within the designated channel
- Leveraging insights and translating into action plan within channels
- Acting as a “marketing seat at the table” with key customers
- Based on Market Retail Landscape, identifying effective ways to engage consumers
- Managing and developing the process to create effective Agency briefings
- Evaluation – Systematically monitoring and understanding actual market experience on an ongoing basis to develop insights to drive effectiveness of different communication activities
- Customer facing, FMCG businesses experience across Sales, Customer Marketing & Trade Marketing roles
- Experience of executing Trade Marketing programs in Retail Channels using agency expertise
- Experience of generating consumer/shopper, customer and market insights and applying that understanding to create trade marketing programs in Retail Channels
- Able to create customer selling stories & commercial rationale
- Communication – ability to present plans at all levels in a clear and motivational way
- Organisational planning – ability to hit deadlines while working on a range of projects at the same time
- Commercial insight – ability to build or adapt plans to meet commercial objectives
- Strategic thinking and influencing – ability to influence development of brand and customer plans by building effective working relationships across functions
- Organisation / planning – ability to hit deadlines while working on a range of projects at the same time
- Degree qualification
- Existing relationships with Luxury / High End retails / On-trade or Vape Stores
- At least 5 years experience in Trade Marketing
- Excellent networking skills and relationship building skills
- Experience in people management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for the Vape Category
- Entrepreneurial mind set who can wear many hats
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com