We’re Hiring: Senior Mechanical / Production Engineer
In June 2018, we will make history by launching a category defining vaping device in the UK following four years of intensive development. Ayr is a vaping solution like no other. Ayr mimics the ritual of smoking whilst dispensing with the harmful aspects that come from burning tobacco and our aim is simple; we want to move as many people away from smoking cigarettes as possible. We believe that Ayr is the first vaping device that people will want to be seen with. Put simply, Ayr looks amazing. But Ayr is so much more than a beautiful object, Ayr connects with your smartphone and gives the user full control over their vaping experience. Ayr measures intake and even enables them to quit nicotine altogether through our own range of flavour formulations that we’ve developed. In short, Ayr is very special and our product team is working hard to polishing and perfect Ayr ahead of launch.
Our product is a small intricate electro-mechanical design with fluid movement incorporated into it. We need a Senior Mechanical Engineer who can take this product forward with our chosen manufacturing partner, and deliver a working product to market. Duties will include:
- Owning the mechanical BOM and drawing release data
- Creating detailed 3D CAD parts and assemblies using Solidworks
- Sourcing materials, components, and systems
- Developing and troubleshooting prototypes, utilising results from reliability testing
- Working closely with manufacturing partners in Asia and the U.S., including traveling to manufacturing sites overseas
Minimum capabilities / experience
- Understanding of tolerance stacks
- Material process and construction techniques
- DFM experience of devices in high volume manufacture
- Ability to implement FMEA
- Experience of plastic injection moulding, metal extrusion and machining
- Validation, Commissioning and Manufacture experience.
- Experience with medical products a bonus.
- Reporting to senior management
- Managing budgets, man management and project management
- Sourcing and working with suppliers in the Far East.
- Working with in-house electronics team to incorporate their input. A knowledge of electronics design and manufacture would also be of benefit.
- Problem solving on the ground
- Process and quality control
Our projects involve designs with a high number of small, complex and interdependent parts, which will be a great technical challenge
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
6+ years of work experience, including 2+ years of experience in mechanical engineering or related technical field (e.g. Product Design)
Previous industry experience designing handheld, or small consumer electronics products
Thorough working knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
Experience of DfM and taking a product into high volume manufacture
Familiarity with Solidworks
Hands on experience with machine shop tools
Working knowledge of structural FEA
Familiarity with electromechanical assemblies e.g. LCD’s, batteries, sensors, flexes, PCB’s, antennas, buttons, etc
Experience in 3D CAD modelling
Great communicator, mandarin language skills a plus
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com